Orlando DUI Attorney
Fight to Protect Your Driving Privileges in Florida
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) is one of the most defendable crimes in Central Florida. As a former DUI prosecutor with additional training on the subject, Attorney Rahul Parikh uses creative and aggressive strategies to get great results for his clients. He has assisted in the training of local police officers in DUI investigations, and he understands how to protect the rights of his clients. Get help from an aggressive Orlando DUI lawyer by calling Parikh Law for a free consultation about your case.
Don’t Wait to Call Our Firm
Once you are charged with DUI, you only have 10 days to act. Failure to do so could result in loss of your license, huge fines, and possible jail time. This is on top of the spike in insurance fees you could also face. It is important to work with a criminal defense lawyer who can fight for you.
Depending on whether this is a first or subsequent offense, you could face:
- First-offense DUI: Up to 6 months in jail, 12 months of license revocation, fines of up to $1,000, community service mandates, completion of a DUI substance abuse course, completion of a psychosocial evaluation, and other fees.
- Second-offense DUI: Up to 9 months in jail, 12 months of license revocation, fines of up to $2,000, vehicle impoundment, mandatory ignition interlock device installation, completion of a DUI substance abuse course, completion of a psychosocial evaluation, and other fees.
- Third-offense DUI: Up to 12 months in jail, fines of up to $5,000, impoundment of vehicle, installation of ignition interlock device, community service requirements, completion of a 21-hour DUI substance abuse course, completion of a psychosocial evaluation, and other penalties.
Defenses against a DUI in Florida
Just because a law enforcement officer charges you with a crime does not mean you are guilty. It is important to work with an Orlando DUI lawyer right away in order to have enough time to question the charges and evidence against you. Parikh Law has handled many DUI cases, and we understand the strategies that work when helping our clients avoid criminal penalties.
With our help, you may be able to prove:
- The traffic stop was unlawful
- The police did not have probable cause to arrest you
- The police did not properly perform the DUI investigation pursuant to the National Highway Transportation and Safety Association guidelines
- There are other logical reasons for a driving pattern or behavior that are not intoxication or drug use
The breath or blood testing science as presented by the State is not reliable
By taking the time to understand the evidence filed against you, we can help you build an effective defense in protection of your freedom. Make sure you call right away.
He did what he does best and gave me the best option- Previous Client
A no-nonsense attorney who knows how to get the job done- Alexander
Got a very good result after a long time of fighting my case- Magnolia
Professional, friendly and communicative- Previous Client
Go with Rahul, you will not be disappointed- Griff